1. In the light-indepedent reaction (Calvin cycle) Ribulose biphospate combines with CO2, aided by enzyme action. What is the product of this?
- Glycerate 3 phospate
- Phosporylated glucose
- Triose phospate
- ADP and Pi
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is the rate of photosynthesis not equal to the net uptake of CO2 by a plant?
- Because CO2 is used only in the light-indepedent reaction
- Because some CO2 produced in respiration is used for photosynthesis
- Because the rate of photosynthesis increases with temperature
- Because venus flytraps are carnivores
3. 'The rate of photosynthesis is affected by the factor whose level is at the least favourable value' this is called the...
- stopping factor
- least favourable factor
- limiting factor
- limited factor
4. The products of the photolysis (splitting) of water are...
- O2, H+ and a neutron
- H+ and an electron
- O2, H+ and an electron
- OH-, H+
5. In the calvin cycle, some of the Triose Phospate created is converted into glucose. What is NOT a possible use of the glucose produced?
- Making proteins
- Nitrification in roots
- Conversion into starch for storage
- Use in respiration