1. Why are there different pigments present in the chloroplast?
- Because each pigment is a different colour
- Because each pigment is located in a different part of the chloroplast and are thus in different conditions
- Because each pigment absorbs different wavelengths of light
- Because some pigments absorb infrared radiation
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. As the electron moves down the electron transfer chain in the light-dependent reaction it...
- loses energy
- gains energy
3. Why is hot methanol used to drop samples of photosynthesising algae into in the Calvin lollipop experiment?
- Because it instantly stops the reaction by denaturing enzymes for photosyntheis
- Because it is a limiting factor to photosynthesis
- because it allows substances into which C14 is incorporated to be identified
- Because it instantly stops the reaction by boiling the water present in the algae
4. What two products from the light-dependent reaction are used in the light-indepedent reaction?
- O2 and NADPH
- ATP and NADPH
- O2 and ATP
- NADPH and H2O
5. How good was this quiz?
- simply fabulous
- wait, is that a squirrel?
- it was very good, thank you for asking