Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. What is a half life?
- The life of half of an isotope
- The amount of time it takes for the radioactivity to get to zero
- The amount of time it takes for the radioactivity of an isotope to half
- The amount of radioactivity people are exposed to in half a lifetime
7. What is the order of most - least penetrating radiation?
- Alpha, gamma, beta
- Beta, alpha, gamma
- Gamma, beta, alpha
- Beta, gamma, alpha
8. What is gamma radiation?
- A helium atom
- An electromagnetic wave
- A high energy electron
9. Which of these answers is a correct example of where background radiation comes from?
- Sound waves
10. Which type of radiation is stopped by paper and air?