- Created by: thehardworker
- Created on: 18-11-17 11:04
1. What is cracking?
- Splitting up long-chain hydrocarbons into short-chain hydrocarbons
- Removing the covalent bond into an ionic bond
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the name of the reaction to produce ethanol from ethene?
3. Large alkane molecules can be cracked to produce more useful molecules.Give two conditions used to crack large alkane molecules.
- Pressure and Boiling
- Hight temperature and a catalyst
- Bubbles and Fractional distillation
4. How was crude oil formed?
- The Energy left over from over millions of years ago
- From the remains of dead plants and animals over millions of years ago
- The food left over from humans over millions of years ago
5. What is Bitumen used for?
- Heating oil
- Roofing and road construction
- Gas in cars