Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. What is a Phaser?
- Creates a 'whooshing' effect
- creates an echo effect
- harmonises the melody
7. Sonata has 3 main sections
- Arch, Theme, Variation
- Exposition, Development, Recapitualtion
- Binary, Ternary, Rondo
8. what is RECAPULATION?
- When the composer shows off his tune before the beggining
- Where the composer repeats the music of the exposition in a slightly different way. Very often the composer adds a coda to round off the movement
- Where the music of the exposition is slip into 3 parts and re harmonised
9. What is Theme and Variations?
- Starting a piece of music with a certain melody/theme, then repeating it several times but changing it slightly
- In 3/4 time. Dance Music . slow
- sudden strong accent
- fit the melody
- short and detatched
- to fit the harmony
- pianissimo-very quiet
- swap nce to next highest note. then back to originl. then next highest note. then back to original.
- One note higher. Then back to orih=ginal. Then one note lower. Then back to original.
- One note higher. then back to original. then one note higher. then one note lower.
13. Legato means to play...
- smoothly (slur)
- short and detachted
- moderate speed
- fast speed
- mezzopiano-fairly quiet
- mezzoforte-fairly loud
15. Mordent, trill and turn are just some of the ways of...
16. Minuet and Trio means...
- Every verse and chorus is differnt in music and words
- In 3/4 time. Dance Music . slow. The trio forms the middle section (b) of a ternary (a b a) followed by a repeat of the minuet (a) . thin texture
- Contains verses, choruses, intros nd outros/bridges
17. Higher Mordent means...
- swap once with next highest note
- swap once with next lowest note
18. Arch shape form is..
- A B C B A form
- A B B C B A form
19. Pop Songs..
- Contain: Verses, shoruses, intros and outros, fills/bridge
- Starts with a 3/4 time signature
- Fills the Sound with a reverb
20. Strophic means...
- when the same music is repeated for different verses in a song. Pop songs are strphic
- New music for each verse and chorus of a song, the music develops or reflects the original