1. What time did the earthquake strike?
- 5:40 am
- 5:40 pm
- 4:50 am
- 4:50 pm
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was destroyed?
- world's largest container port
- main bridge
- famous hotel
3. How were structures rebuilt to reduce the impacts?
- further apart to stop domino effect
- close ground, less material as debris when collapsed
- wide, more stable
4. Why was it hard for emergency services to reach survivors?
- bridge collapsed
- buildings collapsed, covering roads with debris
- tremors caused cracks, leaving large gaps in roads
5. What caused fires?
- gas pipes exploding
- hot temperatures
- houses collapsing
- factories damaged