1. Is DeLisi et al (2006) support or opposition for the importation model?
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does DeLisi et al (2006) claim that there is no correlation between pre-prison gang membership and prison violence?
- Gang members assert power through dominance, but without violence
- Violent gang members ate isolated from general population
- Gang members just want to get their sentence over and done with
3. What did Harer & Steffeninmeiser (2006) find?
- Nothing significant
- Black inmated had higher signficant rates of violence but lower rates of alcohol and drug related conduct than white inmates
- White inmates had a higher rate of violence but black had a high rate of alcholo and drug abuse
- Race and violence had no link
4. What did McCorkle et al find?
- Best indicator of violence among juvenile offenders was pre-institutional violence regardless of nay situational factors
- Overcrowding, lack of privacy and meanifuly activity all significantly influenced peer violence
- Increases levels of space didnt increase level of violent incidents
5. What did Nijman et al (1999) find?
- Only link was increased level of luxuries led to decreased aggression
- Increased levels of personal space didn't actually decrease the level of violent incidents - conditions inst cause of aggression
- Very strong correlation between personal space and aggression