1. What did McCorkle et al find?
- Overcrowding, lack of privacy and meanifuly activity all significantly influenced peer violence
- Increases levels of space didnt increase level of violent incidents
- Best indicator of violence among juvenile offenders was pre-institutional violence regardless of nay situational factors
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is Harer & Steffeinmeiser (2006) influential?
- It was conducted in a large prison
- They used a reliable method
- The patterns they found reflected US society
- It is a quite recent study
3. What did Huff (1998) find?
- Gang members in US were x10 more likely to commit a murder and x3 more likely to assault someone in public that non-gang counterparts
- Gang members were no more likely to commit violent acts
- Gang members committed more violent acts but had less murders
4. What did Poole & Regoli (1983)
- Best indicator of violence was those who go less yard time
- Best indicator of violence was pre-institutional violence, not situational
- Best indicator of violence was more than 2 people in one cell
5. What did Allender & Marcell (2003) find?
- pre-prison gang membership correlated to a decrease in prison violence
- Street gang member offend at high level than counterparts
- No link between pre-prison gang membership and prison misconduct