1. What did DeLisi et al (2006) find?
- Inmates with prior street gang membership were no more likely to engage in violence than other inmates
- There was a strong link between pre-prison gang membership and prison violence
- The only reason why there was prison violence was due to deprivation of luxuries
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did McCorkle et al find?
- Overcrowding, lack of privacy and meanifuly activity all significantly influenced peer violence
- Increases levels of space didnt increase level of violent incidents
- Best indicator of violence among juvenile offenders was pre-institutional violence regardless of nay situational factors
3. What did Wilson (2010) find?
- Moving prisoners to rooms with a window, lowered temperature and radio led to decresed violence
- Putting inmates in very very small rooms reduced aggression
- No link between deprivation and aggression
4. What did Allender & Marcell (2003) study?
- Correlation between pre-prison gang membership and prison misconduct
- Deprivation model
- Link between height and prison misconduct
5. What does the Deprivation Model suggest?
- Don't Know
- Importing you outside aggression leads to you being aggressive in prison
- Conditions in insutution e..g crowding, lack of luxuries, increased fear and lack of freedom leads to aggressive behaviour
- Going on a hunger strike and depriving yourself of food leads to aggression