1. Is DeLisi et al (2006) support or opposition for the importation model?
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did DeLisi et al (2006) find?
- Inmates with prior street gang membership were no more likely to engage in violence than other inmates
- There was a strong link between pre-prison gang membership and prison violence
- The only reason why there was prison violence was due to deprivation of luxuries
3. What did McCorkle et al find?
- Overcrowding, lack of privacy and meanifuly activity all significantly influenced peer violence
- Increases levels of space didnt increase level of violent incidents
- Best indicator of violence among juvenile offenders was pre-institutional violence regardless of nay situational factors
4. What did Paterline & Peterson (1999)
- Deprivation Model
- E-L Model
- Importation Model
- Hovland-Yale Model
5. What did Allender & Marcell (2003) find?
- pre-prison gang membership correlated to a decrease in prison violence
- Street gang member offend at high level than counterparts
- No link between pre-prison gang membership and prison misconduct