1. What did Nijman et al (1999) find?
- Increased levels of personal space didn't actually decrease the level of violent incidents - conditions inst cause of aggression
- Very strong correlation between personal space and aggression
- Only link was increased level of luxuries led to decreased aggression
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Allender & Marcell (2003) study?
- Correlation between pre-prison gang membership and prison misconduct
- Deprivation model
- Link between height and prison misconduct
3. What did Wilson (2010) find?
- No link between deprivation and aggression
- Moving prisoners to rooms with a window, lowered temperature and radio led to decresed violence
- Putting inmates in very very small rooms reduced aggression
4. Why is Harer & Steffeinmeiser (2006) influential?
- The patterns they found reflected US society
- It was conducted in a large prison
- They used a reliable method
- It is a quite recent study
5. What does the Deprivation Model suggest?
- Don't Know
- Conditions in insutution e..g crowding, lack of luxuries, increased fear and lack of freedom leads to aggressive behaviour
- Going on a hunger strike and depriving yourself of food leads to aggression
- Importing you outside aggression leads to you being aggressive in prison