1. What does the importation model suggest?
- Violence is due to race
- Prisoners bring their own personalities, traits and opinions into prisons with them which affects how they act in prison
- Being deprived of luxuries in prison is the cause of violence
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does DeLisi et al (2006) claim that there is no correlation between pre-prison gang membership and prison violence?
- Violent gang members ate isolated from general population
- Gang members just want to get their sentence over and done with
- Gang members assert power through dominance, but without violence
3. What did Allender & Marcell (2003) find?
- pre-prison gang membership correlated to a decrease in prison violence
- Street gang member offend at high level than counterparts
- No link between pre-prison gang membership and prison misconduct
4. What does Jiang & Fischer Giorlando (2002) suggest?
- Both thoeries are incorrect as they do not supply efficient evidence
- Deprivation explains violence against prison staff and importation explain violence against inmates
- Deprivation explains violence against inmates and importation explains violence against prison staff
5. What did Nijman et al (1999) find?
- Only link was increased level of luxuries led to decreased aggression
- Increased levels of personal space didn't actually decrease the level of violent incidents - conditions inst cause of aggression
- Very strong correlation between personal space and aggression