1. What did Harer & Steffeninmeiser (2006) find?
- Black inmated had higher signficant rates of violence but lower rates of alcohol and drug related conduct than white inmates
- White inmates had a higher rate of violence but black had a high rate of alcholo and drug abuse
- Nothing significant
- Race and violence had no link
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does DeLisi et al (2006) claim that there is no correlation between pre-prison gang membership and prison violence?
- Violent gang members ate isolated from general population
- Gang members just want to get their sentence over and done with
- Gang members assert power through dominance, but without violence
3. What model was proposed my Irwin & Cressey?
- Hovland-Yale Model
- Importation Model
- Deprivation Model
- Elaboration-likelihood model
4. What did Nijman et al (1999) find?
- Increased levels of personal space didn't actually decrease the level of violent incidents - conditions inst cause of aggression
- Very strong correlation between personal space and aggression
- Only link was increased level of luxuries led to decreased aggression
5. What did Allender & Marcell (2003) study?
- Link between height and prison misconduct
- Correlation between pre-prison gang membership and prison misconduct
- Deprivation model