1. What did Harer & Steffeninmeiser (2006) find?
- Race and violence had no link
- White inmates had a higher rate of violence but black had a high rate of alcholo and drug abuse
- Black inmated had higher signficant rates of violence but lower rates of alcohol and drug related conduct than white inmates
- Nothing significant
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did DeLisi et al (2006) find?
- Inmates with prior street gang membership were no more likely to engage in violence than other inmates
- There was a strong link between pre-prison gang membership and prison violence
- The only reason why there was prison violence was due to deprivation of luxuries
3. What did Paterline & Peterson (1999)
- E-L Model
- Importation Model
- Deprivation Model
- Hovland-Yale Model
4. Is DeLisi et al (2006) support or opposition for the importation model?
5. What does Jiang & Fischer Giorlando (2002) suggest?
- Deprivation explains violence against prison staff and importation explain violence against inmates
- Deprivation explains violence against inmates and importation explains violence against prison staff
- Both thoeries are incorrect as they do not supply efficient evidence