1. What did Allender & Marcell (2003) study?
- Correlation between pre-prison gang membership and prison misconduct
- Deprivation model
- Link between height and prison misconduct
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did DeLisi et al (2006) find?
- The only reason why there was prison violence was due to deprivation of luxuries
- Inmates with prior street gang membership were no more likely to engage in violence than other inmates
- There was a strong link between pre-prison gang membership and prison violence
3. What does the importation model suggest?
- Prisoners bring their own personalities, traits and opinions into prisons with them which affects how they act in prison
- Being deprived of luxuries in prison is the cause of violence
- Violence is due to race
4. Why is Harer & Steffeinmeiser (2006) influential?
- It was conducted in a large prison
- They used a reliable method
- The patterns they found reflected US society
- It is a quite recent study
5. What did Wilson (2010) find?
- No link between deprivation and aggression
- Moving prisoners to rooms with a window, lowered temperature and radio led to decresed violence
- Putting inmates in very very small rooms reduced aggression