1. What happened in the summer of 1529?
- Henry used Wolsey's position as papal legate to accuse him of praemunire
- Wolsey died
- Henry accused Wolsey of treason and he was sent to his palace for 3 days until he had 'understood what he did wrong'
- The pope made Wolsey papal legate for life
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did Henry first declare war on France?
3. What was the Scriptural Arguments about?
- The argument between the pope and Wolsey on who would become the King's chief minister
- The reasoning Wolsey had with the Pope on whether or not divorce was a papal policy
- The validity of Henry and Catherine marriage which relied on her word that her marriage to Prince Arthur was not cosummated.
- The argument between Charles V and Henrry viii on who would invade France first.
4. When was the League of Cognac?
5. What were the two greatest failures of Wolsey?
- Inability to obtain a divorce for the King and the collapse of the anti-Habsburg strategy in Europe.
- Wolsey in fact had no failures, he succeeded in everything he did.
- Inability to obtain a divorce for the King and Inability to become Pope.
- Failure of the Boleyn Faction and failure of the Purge of the Privy Chamber