1. Which of these statements is false?
- Bone marrow adipose tissue increases in the presence of anorexia or calorie restriction
- Brown adipose tissue is for energy storage and leptin production
- Visceral fat contains perirenal depots
- The ventromedial nucleus increases thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not an action of leptin?
- Stimulates dorsomedial and ventromedial nuclei
- Increased energy expenditure
- Increased cytokine production
- Acts on OARB receptors in the brain
3. Alpha-MSH is NOT
- A steroid hormone
- Produced from POMC cleavage
- An MC4 agonist
- Involved in sexual activity
4. Which of these nuclei is the satiety centre?
- Arcuate nucleus
- Ventromedial nucleus
- Paraventricular nucleus
- Dorsomedial nucleus
5. Which of these statements is true?
- NPY increases when AgRP decreases
- NPY reduces thermogenesis
- NPY is released from the ventromedial nucleus
- NPY reduces intake of high energy foods