1. What is a drainage basin?
- Where a rive begins
- The change of state from water vapour, to a liquid when cooled.
- The area of land drained by a river and all of it's tributaries.
- The downslope movement of water over the surface of the land and into the river channel.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Ground water flow
- The movement of water within the river channel.
- A bend in the river channel
- The movement of water beneath the soil towards a river or the sea.
- The gradual movement of water through the soil and into the ground below.
3. The gradual movement of water through the soil and into the ground below
4. And finally, what is Transpiration?
- The section of carved land into the landscape through which a river flows.
- The downslope movement of water over the surface of the land towards the river channel.
- The return of water to the atmosphere by plants.
- Water falling, under gravity, from the sky; there are 4 different forms of this, snow, hail, rain and sleet.
5. What is the term for the exact point at which 2 rivers meet?