1. What is the term for the exact point at which 2 rivers meet?
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. And finally, what is Transpiration?
- The return of water to the atmosphere by plants.
- The downslope movement of water over the surface of the land towards the river channel.
- Water falling, under gravity, from the sky; there are 4 different forms of this, snow, hail, rain and sleet.
- The section of carved land into the landscape through which a river flows.
3. What is a drainage basin?
- The area of land drained by a river and all of it's tributaries.
- The downslope movement of water over the surface of the land and into the river channel.
- Where a rive begins
- The change of state from water vapour, to a liquid when cooled.
4. The area of highland forming the edge of a river basin
- Channel Flow
5. The gradual movement of water through the soil and into the ground below