Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. How many homes were destroyed?
7. What percentage of rice paddies were lost? 65%
8. Where did Cyclone Nargis form?
- Bay of Bengal
- Irrawaddy Delta
9. Muslim Aid distributed what?
- Water purification tablets
- Medical supplies
- Rice and grain
10. What percentage of the population had no acess to drinking water?
11. What happened to it when it moved inland?
- It weakened and was downgraded to a storm
- It strengthened to a catagory 5 storm
- It stayed at a catagory 4
12. What percentage of food stores were destroyed?
13. How much land was flooded?
- 300,000 Km2
- 14,000 Km2
- 53,000 Km2
14. What ultimately slowed down the response to the cyclone?
- The Burmese government refused foreign aid
- It was hard to access
15. What was the height of the storm surge?
- 5 metres
- 10 metres
- 7 metres
- 2 metres
16. What was the total cost of the cyclone?
- $4 billion
- $10 billion
- $5.5 billion
- $7.6 billion
17. How many deaths occured?
18. When did the Burmese government allow aid workers to enter the country?
- 23rd May
- 12th April
- 1st June
19. How many people were left without shelter?
- 4 million
- 2.5 million
- 10 million
- 1.5 million
20. When did Indian weather agencies tell the Burmese government that a cyclone would hit?
- a day before
- 48 hours before
- a week before