1. What were the results of Loftus and Palmers study in experiment 1?
- There was no significant difference in results for all five conditions.
- The verb 'smashed' was perceived to be the highest speed at 40.8mph
- The verb 'crashed' was perceived to be the highest speed at 40.8mph
- 'Bumped' was perceived to be the slowest speed at 31.8mph.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by 'vicariously learning'
- Learning from the success/failure of others before committing the act yourself.
- Getting punished by the law - having to serve jail time (gets freedom taken away)
- Watching a well-respected role model vandalise a car
- Wanting to steal because it gave you a 'buzz'
3. In this instance, what is the motive for shoplifting?
- Pushing your friend to steal a packet of cigarettes because you do not wish to get caught
- Being positively reinforced by the trill of shoplifting, so they do it again.
- Security caught someone shoplifting, so they are punished for it.
4. What is a disadvantage of anger management?
- It is only effective in certain environments, so cannot be replicated, therefore limiting reliability.
- Offenders may lose motivation over a period of time, so is therefore less effective.
- Does not factor for individual differences - usually works on a group basis, so is not attentive for individual needs and therefore may not be as effective.
- It gives the offender skills to use for life.
5. Which methods are used to treat offenders in prisons?
- Token Economy Programmes & Anger Management
- Anger Management & Peer Group Association
- Token Economy Programmes & Rehab Centres