1. What is meant by 'vicariously learning'
- Learning from the success/failure of others before committing the act yourself.
- Getting punished by the law - having to serve jail time (gets freedom taken away)
- Watching a well-respected role model vandalise a car
- Wanting to steal because it gave you a 'buzz'
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Token Economy Programmes are based off which theory?
- Social Identity Theory
- Operant Conditioning
- Classical Conditioning
- Social Learning Theory
3. What is a disadvantage of anger management?
- Does not factor for individual differences - usually works on a group basis, so is not attentive for individual needs and therefore may not be as effective.
- Offenders may lose motivation over a period of time, so is therefore less effective.
- It gives the offender skills to use for life.
- It is only effective in certain environments, so cannot be replicated, therefore limiting reliability.
4. In this instance, what is the motive for shoplifting?
- Pushing your friend to steal a packet of cigarettes because you do not wish to get caught
- Being positively reinforced by the trill of shoplifting, so they do it again.
- Security caught someone shoplifting, so they are punished for it.
5. Define 'recidivism'
- Labelling someone
- Habitual relapse into criminal behaviour (re-offending)
- Learning how to deal with triggers that make you angry
- Learning from observation and imitation