1. What did they conclude in this study?
- The choice of verb had no effect on the participants answer.
- The phrasing of the question altered the participants memory, whereby 'smashed' was perceived to be more severe than 'collided'
- That there was no response bias.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the results of Loftus and Palmers study in experiment 1?
- 'Bumped' was perceived to be the slowest speed at 31.8mph.
- The verb 'crashed' was perceived to be the highest speed at 40.8mph
- The verb 'smashed' was perceived to be the highest speed at 40.8mph
- There was no significant difference in results for all five conditions.
3. What is meant by 'vicariously learning'
- Getting punished by the law - having to serve jail time (gets freedom taken away)
- Watching a well-respected role model vandalise a car
- Learning from the success/failure of others before committing the act yourself.
- Wanting to steal because it gave you a 'buzz'
4. Which methods are used to treat offenders in prisons?
- Token Economy Programmes & Anger Management
- Anger Management & Peer Group Association
- Token Economy Programmes & Rehab Centres
5. Define 'recidivism'
- Labelling someone
- Learning from observation and imitation
- Habitual relapse into criminal behaviour (re-offending)
- Learning how to deal with triggers that make you angry