1. Which methods are used to treat offenders in prisons?
- Token Economy Programmes & Rehab Centres
- Token Economy Programmes & Anger Management
- Anger Management & Peer Group Association
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Define 'recidivism'
- Learning how to deal with triggers that make you angry
- Habitual relapse into criminal behaviour (re-offending)
- Learning from observation and imitation
- Labelling someone
3. Token Economy Programmes are based off which theory?
- Classical Conditioning
- Social Identity Theory
- Operant Conditioning
- Social Learning Theory
4. What is a disadvantage of anger management?
- Does not factor for individual differences - usually works on a group basis, so is not attentive for individual needs and therefore may not be as effective.
- It gives the offender skills to use for life.
- It is only effective in certain environments, so cannot be replicated, therefore limiting reliability.
- Offenders may lose motivation over a period of time, so is therefore less effective.
5. Describe what the participants in Loftus and Palmer's study were asked to do
- To give self-report data using a questionnaire about the crime that they had just witnessed.
- Watch a clip of a car accident, then give their account of what happened using a questionnaire. The critical question asked for their judgements of the cars speed.
- To identify the 'target suspect' in a photo line-up four hours after they were approached by the 'target'.
- To watch a clip of an incident, then interview what they had just witnessed.