1. What does the Chancellor control?
- The Court of Chancery
- The Monarch's laws
- Equity and Equitable Remedies
- Parliamentary Law
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was John Selden's famous quote?
- "He who comes to equity must come with clean hands"
- "Equity varies with the length of the Chancellor's foot"
- "The Chancellor is the Keeper of the King's Conscience"
- "Delay defeats equity"
3. How many main sources of law are there?
- Five - ECHR, Human Rights, Magna Carta, Legislation, Parliament
- Four - Legislation, Common Law, ECHR, EU Law
- Three - Parliament, Government, The Monarchy
- Two - Parliament and Government
4. "Common law is..."
- "amended by Parliament who then send the laws to Magistrates"
- "the same law that has been used for centuries"
- "passed by judges, and is common throughout the country"
- "used in every common magistrate court in Britain"
5. Common Law began with what?
- The Reformation of the Churches
- The Introduction of Magistrates Courts
- Curia Regis
- The Magna Carta