1. "Common law is..."
- "the same law that has been used for centuries"
- "used in every common magistrate court in Britain"
- "passed by judges, and is common throughout the country"
- "amended by Parliament who then send the laws to Magistrates"
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was John Selden's famous quote?
- "Delay defeats equity"
- "Equity varies with the length of the Chancellor's foot"
- "He who comes to equity must come with clean hands"
- "The Chancellor is the Keeper of the King's Conscience"
3. Common Law began with what?
- The Introduction of Magistrates Courts
- The Magna Carta
- Curia Regis
- The Reformation of the Churches
4. How many main sources of law are there?
- Four - Legislation, Common Law, ECHR, EU Law
- Five - ECHR, Human Rights, Magna Carta, Legislation, Parliament
- Two - Parliament and Government
- Three - Parliament, Government, The Monarchy
5. State the order of the courts (senior-lower courts)
- Crown - Supreme - Magistrates - Old Bailey
- Magistrates - Old Bailey - Crown - Supreme
- Supreme - Old Bailey - Crown - Magistrates
- Supreme - Crown - Old Bailey - Magistrates