1. Common Law began with what?
- The Introduction of Magistrates Courts
- The Magna Carta
- Curia Regis
- The Reformation of the Churches
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many main sources of law are there?
- Three - Parliament, Government, The Monarchy
- Five - ECHR, Human Rights, Magna Carta, Legislation, Parliament
- Four - Legislation, Common Law, ECHR, EU Law
- Two - Parliament and Government
3. "Common law is..."
- "passed by judges, and is common throughout the country"
- "used in every common magistrate court in Britain"
- "amended by Parliament who then send the laws to Magistrates"
- "the same law that has been used for centuries"
4. State the order of the courts (senior-lower courts)
- Supreme - Old Bailey - Crown - Magistrates
- Magistrates - Old Bailey - Crown - Supreme
- Supreme - Crown - Old Bailey - Magistrates
- Crown - Supreme - Magistrates - Old Bailey
5. What does the Chancellor control?
- The Monarch's laws
- Equity and Equitable Remedies
- The Court of Chancery
- Parliamentary Law