1. how does light get removed in absorption spectrometer?
- light and photon have same frequency
- light and energy of a photon have the same frequency
- light and electron have same frequency
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. what does each line represent in the balmer series?
- electrons returning to the second shell (n=2)
- electrons returning to third shell (n=3)
- electrons returning to infinity (n=∞)
3. what are the 3 series in the hydrogen spectrum?
- visible, ultra violet and infrared
- pashcen, balmer and lyman
- lyman, visible and infrared
4. what is the convergence limit?
- the point at which the atom has been quantised
- the point which the energy of an electron is no longer quantised, atom is ionised
- the point at which the atom is only ionised
5. where do electrons return to in the lyman series?
- energy level n=1
- energy level n=2
- energy level n=4