1. where do electrons return to in the lyman series?
- energy level n=4
- energy level n=1
- energy level n=2
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the convergence limit?
- the point at which the atom has been quantised
- the point which the energy of an electron is no longer quantised, atom is ionised
- the point at which the atom is only ionised
3. what does the quantum energy do?
- corresponds to electromagnetic radiation of a specific energy
- corresponds to electromagnetic radiation of a specific frequency
- same frequency as radiation
4. how is emission spectra shown on a spectrum?
- coloured lines on a black background
- dark lines on a light background
- no lines at all
5. what are the 3 regions in the hydrogen spectrum?
- ultra violet, visible and paschen
- infrared, visible and ultra violet
- infrared, lyman and balmer