1. how does an electron emit energy?
- exciting an atom by absorbing energy
- falling to a low energy level from a high one
- jumping to a high energy level
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the convergence limit?
- the point which the energy of an electron is no longer quantised, atom is ionised
- the point at which the atom is only ionised
- the point at which the atom has been quantised
3. what is electron transmission?
- when an electron moves from one energy level to another
- when an electron moves from a high energy level to a low
- when an electron moves from a low energy level to a high
4. what does each line represent in the balmer series?
- electrons returning to the second shell (n=2)
- electrons returning to third shell (n=3)
- electrons returning to infinity (n=∞)
5. what is this energy?
- electromagnetic energy
- electromagnetic radiation