1. where do electrons return to in the lyman series?
- energy level n=1
- energy level n=2
- energy level n=4
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is energy and frequency connected?
- E = hf
- H= ef
- F= he
3. what is the convergence limit?
- the point at which the atom has been quantised
- the point which the energy of an electron is no longer quantised, atom is ionised
- the point at which the atom is only ionised
4. what are the 3 series in the hydrogen spectrum?
- visible, ultra violet and infrared
- pashcen, balmer and lyman
- lyman, visible and infrared
5. how is this energy related to energy levels?
- the emitted radiation is equal to the difference of 2 energy levels
- the emitted radiation is equal to a fixed quantum
- the emitted radiation is the difference between an energy jump