1. what are the 3 series in the hydrogen spectrum?
- pashcen, balmer and lyman
- lyman, visible and infrared
- visible, ultra violet and infrared
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. how is this energy related to energy levels?
- the emitted radiation is the difference between an energy jump
- the emitted radiation is equal to the difference of 2 energy levels
- the emitted radiation is equal to a fixed quantum
3. How is absorption spectra shown on a spectrometer?
- Dark lines against a bright background
- coloured lines on black background
- no lines
4. how does an electron emit energy?
- falling to a low energy level from a high one
- jumping to a high energy level
- exciting an atom by absorbing energy
5. how do electrons move in emission spectra?
- heat or electrical field