1. What is meant by the term 'differentiation of cells'?
- Meaning when cells are very similar they begin to change to form particular cells to function in a particular tissue.
- Meaning all cells are different.
- Meaning when cells are all different so that they can function properly.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name three organs in the human digestive system
- Liver, Stomach, Small/ Large intestine
- Epidermal Tissue, Liver, Stomach
- Muscular Tissue, Stomach, Small/ Large intestine
3. How is a leaf adapted to carry out photosynthesis.
- Packed with chloroplasts. Closely packed cells to efficiently absorb sunlight.
- Packed with chloroplasts. Have a tall structure to obtain more sunlight.
- Greasy layers to stop water loss. Flat leaf to get more oxygen.
4. Give 2 differences between a plant cell and a yeast cell.
- Plant Cell have chloroplasts. Yeast cells do not have cellulose in the wall.
- Plant cells have cell membranes. Yeast cells don't have a nucleus.
- Plant cells have a permanent vacuole. Yeast cells don't have cytoplasm.
5. When, and in which direction, will diffusion take place in solutions and in gases?
- When particles are all together they diffuse into a cell together.
- Diffusion will take place when particles are seperated by a membrane the particles will diffuse from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
- When particles are seperated by a memebrane and diffuse from an area of low concentration to an area of high concentration.