1. How is a leaf adapted to carry out photosynthesis.
- Packed with chloroplasts. Closely packed cells to efficiently absorb sunlight.
- Packed with chloroplasts. Have a tall structure to obtain more sunlight.
- Greasy layers to stop water loss. Flat leaf to get more oxygen.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by the term 'differentiation of cells'?
- Meaning when cells are very similar they begin to change to form particular cells to function in a particular tissue.
- Meaning all cells are different.
- Meaning when cells are all different so that they can function properly.
3. When, and in which direction, will diffusion take place in solutions and in gases?
- When particles are all together they diffuse into a cell together.
- Diffusion will take place when particles are seperated by a membrane the particles will diffuse from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
- When particles are seperated by a memebrane and diffuse from an area of low concentration to an area of high concentration.
4. List the structures which are both found in animal and plant cells.
- Chloroplasts, Cell Membrane, Mitochondria, Ribosomes, Cytoplasm
- Cell Membrane, Mitochondria, Ribosomes, Nucleus, Cytoplasm.
- Cell Wall, Cell Membrane, Mitochondria, Ribosomes, Nucleus,
- Permanent Vacuole, Mitochondria, Ribosomes, Nucleus, Cytoplasm
5. What chemical produced by the liver aids digestion?
- Hydrochloric Acid