1. What colour is the precipitate of iodide ions?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do you test for halide ions?
- Fizzes in hydrochloric acid
- Add bromine water and it will go clear
- Add dilute nitric acid and then silver nitrate solution and see what colour the precipitate is
- Flame test
3. What is the molecular ion peak?
- Shows the relative molecular mass of a substance where the individual compound with a large peak corresponds to an ion with one electron removed
- Describes the reactivity of that compound
- Shows the atomic number in a compound
- Shows the atomic number of one of the elements
4. How does a mass spectrometer work?
- Matches the compounds against the mass spectra of known substances
- Generates electric current
- Injects bromine water into the compound
- Weighs the individual molecules
5. Why do colours move different distances in chromatography?
- Depending on their viscosity
- Depending on their colour
- Depending on their solubility
- Depending on their flammability