1. How does a mass spectrometer work?
- Matches the compounds against the mass spectra of known substances
- Generates electric current
- Injects bromine water into the compound
- Weighs the individual molecules
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What colour is the precipitate of bromide ions?
3. What are some disadvantages of using modern instrumental methods?
- Training needed, time consuming, results can only be interpreted by comparison
- Expensive, special training needed, results can only be interpreted by comparison of data
- Expensive, takes a long time, training needed
- Slow, noisy and expensive
4. Give some benefits of modern instrumental methods
- Cheaper, more sensitive and tiny samples can be tested
- Quicker, more sensitive, more accurate, tiny samples can be tested
- More sensitive, more accurate
- Cheaper, tiny samples can be tested
5. What colour does lithium go in the flame test?