1. How does a mass spectrometer work?
- Weighs the individual molecules
- Matches the compounds against the mass spectra of known substances
- Injects bromine water into the compound
- Generates electric current
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is a mixture carried through a column in gas chromatography?
- Liquid with a similar boiling point
- Electric currents
- By a carrier gas that helps it through a colum packed with solid particles
- Carrier gas
3. What colour is the precipitate of bromide ions?
4. What colour does lithium go in the flame test?
5. What is crystallisation used for?
- Separate a dissolved solid from a solution
- To make pretty crystals for displays
- Separate miscible liquids
- Separate an insoluble substance from the solvent