1. What does paper chromatography analyse?
- The artificial colours in food or dyes in inks
- The thermal conductivity of paper
- Dyes in inks
- Artificial colours in foods
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How can you distinguish between magnesium and calcium precipitates?
- Add bromine water, the one that dissolves is calcium
- Set fire to it and which one fizzes is magnesium
- Flame test
- Add water and if it turns green it is calcium
3. How can you record retention times?
- Add methane to the column and see how fast they leave the column
- An electric current detector that attaches to individual molecules
- The individual compounds travel at different speeds through the column and it records how much left the column in how long
- A magnetic current detector that attaches to individual molecules
4. What is a mixture?
- 2 or more elements or compounds not chemically bonded together
- 2 or more elements or compounds chemically bonded together
- A group of substances with the same general formula
- A homologous series
5. What colour is the iron(III) hydroxide precipitate?