1. Why do colours move different distances in chromatography?
- Depending on their solubility
- Depending on their colour
- Depending on their flammability
- Depending on their viscosity
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Give some benefits of modern instrumental methods
- More sensitive, more accurate
- Quicker, more sensitive, more accurate, tiny samples can be tested
- Cheaper, tiny samples can be tested
- Cheaper, more sensitive and tiny samples can be tested
3. What colour is the precipitate of iodide ions?
4. How do you test for carbonate ions?
- Add hydrochloric acid to see if it fizzes, it if does test the gas with limewater to see if it goes cloudy
- Bromine water will go clear
- Add hydrochloric acid and it will fizz
- Add barium chloride to see if white precipitate is formed
5. What is the molecular ion peak?
- Shows the relative molecular mass of a substance where the individual compound with a large peak corresponds to an ion with one electron removed
- Describes the reactivity of that compound
- Shows the atomic number in a compound
- Shows the atomic number of one of the elements