1. The hydroxides of metals with what charges are insoluble in water?
- 1+ and 3+
- 2- and 3-
- 2+ and 3+
- 1+ and 2+
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which ions all form white precipitates when in hydroxide form?
- Iron, zinc and copper
- Aluminium, magnesium and calcium
- Aluminium, calcium and potassium
- Magnesium, barium and sodium
3. Where is the molecular ion peak found?
- Tallest peak
- Furthest peak on the left of the mass spectrum
- Furthest peak on the right of the mass spectrum
- Central peak
4. How should the bunsen flame be with the flame test?
5. How can you tell which white precipitate is aluminium?
- Will dissolve in excess sodium hydroxide
- Add water and see if it turns cloudy
- Set fire to it and see if it is a blue colour
- See if it fizzes in oxygen