1. What are some disadvantages of using modern instrumental methods?
- Expensive, special training needed, results can only be interpreted by comparison of data
- Slow, noisy and expensive
- Expensive, takes a long time, training needed
- Training needed, time consuming, results can only be interpreted by comparison
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What colour is the iron(II) hydroxide precipitate?
3. What does paper chromatography analyse?
- Artificial colours in foods
- The thermal conductivity of paper
- The artificial colours in food or dyes in inks
- Dyes in inks
4. Give some benefits of modern instrumental methods
- Cheaper, more sensitive and tiny samples can be tested
- Cheaper, tiny samples can be tested
- Quicker, more sensitive, more accurate, tiny samples can be tested
- More sensitive, more accurate
5. How can you record retention times?
- Add methane to the column and see how fast they leave the column
- An electric current detector that attaches to individual molecules
- The individual compounds travel at different speeds through the column and it records how much left the column in how long
- A magnetic current detector that attaches to individual molecules