1. The hydroxides of metals with what charges are insoluble in water?
- 2+ and 3+
- 2- and 3-
- 1+ and 2+
- 1+ and 3+
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which ions all form white precipitates when in hydroxide form?
- Iron, zinc and copper
- Magnesium, barium and sodium
- Aluminium, magnesium and calcium
- Aluminium, calcium and potassium
3. How can you record retention times?
- A magnetic current detector that attaches to individual molecules
- The individual compounds travel at different speeds through the column and it records how much left the column in how long
- An electric current detector that attaches to individual molecules
- Add methane to the column and see how fast they leave the column
4. What colour does potassium go in a flame test?
5. Give some benefits of modern instrumental methods
- More sensitive, more accurate
- Quicker, more sensitive, more accurate, tiny samples can be tested
- Cheaper, tiny samples can be tested
- Cheaper, more sensitive and tiny samples can be tested