1. How do you test for sulfate ions?
- Goes black under a bunsen flame
- Add bromine water and if it does not change colour
- Add dilute hydrochloric acid and barium chloride solution to see if white precipitate is formed
- If it fizzes in the hydrochloric acid
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are miscible liquids?
- Liquids that dissolve in each other and do not form separate layers
- Liquids that possess solid and liquid properties
- Liquids that do not take the shape of a container
- Liquids that can be compressed
3. What is crystallisation used for?
- Separate an insoluble substance from the solvent
- To make pretty crystals for displays
- Separate a dissolved solid from a solution
- Separate miscible liquids
4. What colour does calcium go in a flame test?
- Brick red
- Apple green
5. Which ions all form white precipitates when in hydroxide form?
- Iron, zinc and copper
- Aluminium, magnesium and calcium
- Aluminium, calcium and potassium
- Magnesium, barium and sodium