1. What does the grasping reflex do?
- Babies grasp tightly around objects
- Hold objects tightly
- Causes babies to curl their fingers tightly around any object placed in thier palm
- Babies curl thier fingers tightly around objects
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the definition of development?
- Learning new skills and knowledge
- Complex changes involving learning new skills, knowledge and abilities e.g. able to count, read & write and handle own feelings
- Complex changes that happen during puberty
- Able to count, read and write
3. What is the role of a health visitor?
- Ask the mother about her health and wellbeing
- Measure the baby's height and weight
- Carry out measurements and plot the results on a growth chart
- Record the results in the red book
4. What fine motor skill does a 5 year old develop?
- Draw detailed pictures
- Tying thier own shoelaces
- Dress and undress on thier own including tying their own shoelaces
- Dress and undress
5. What gross motor skill does a three year old develop?
- Use a tricycle and balance on one foot
- Use pedals to ride a tricycle, run and balance on one foot for one second
- Ride a bike and balance on one foot
- Hop on each foot seperately