1. How many of Casey's original 59 participants from experiment 1 took part in experiment 2?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the two categories the participants were put into after their marshmallow test when they were four?
- High delayers, Low delayers
- High control, Low control
- Go, No go
- Aggressive, Non-aggressive
3. which of these is a correct conclusion from the study?
- there is very little difference in reaction times of high and low delayers
- resistance to temptation is a relatively stable individual difference which continues from childhood to adulthood
- The ability to resist temptation as a child has no effect on self control as an adult
- children who are unable to resist temptation will grow up to have an inactive Inferior Frontal Gyrus
4. who suggested that there is a 'hot' and a 'cool' system in our brains concerned with reward seeking and cognitive control respectively?
- Baynes, Eliassen and Gazzaniga (1997)
- Metcalfe and Mischel (1999)
- Loftus and Palmer (1974)
- Keys et al (1944)
5. What was a major weakness of the study?
- Responses to the go/no go tasks did not reflect normal social responses to facial expressions
- The reserch was socially sensitive towards low delayers
- fMRIs are very expensive and time-consuming to carry out
- Casey was decietful