1. Active transport allows cells to move...
- against a concentration gradient
- across a concentration gradient
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Osmosis is the movement of water molecules across a partially permeable membrane from...
- an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration
- an area of low concentration to an area of high concentration
- an area of high concentration to an area of high concentration
3. If the solution outside the cell is more concentrated than the cell contents, the cell will...
- shrivel up
- swell and burst
- stay the same
4. Energy for active transport comes from...
- cellular respiration
- the muscles
- the heart
5. Active transport requires energy?