1. What is the most likely environmental concern when artificial fertilizers are added that can run off to the lakes and nearby rivers?
- Acid rain
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What two actions remove nitrates from the soil?
- Using artificial fertilisers and exposure to heavy rain
- Using artificial ferilisers and adding organic waste to crops
- Exposure to heavy rain and farming fast growing crops
- Growing legumes between crop rotations and adding organic waste to crops
3. What process doesn't add nitrates to the soil?
- Adding manure to crops
- Adding denitrifying bacteria to soil
- Decomposition of waste and dead matter
- Lightening strikes
4. What is the 5th stage that happens inthe nitrogen cycle?
- Nitrogen fixing
5. What is the name of the chemical process used when adding artificial fertiliser?
- Maxwell Reaction
- Haper Process
- Lupin Process