1. Mother and infant respond to each others signals and each elicit a response form one another is also known as?
- Interactional Synchrony
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many babies were used in the Schaffer and Emerson study?
3. A strength of the Schaffer and Emerson study is?
- Has great practical value as the research on the monkeys have allowed social workers for example be able to understand the importance of how bad abuse and neglect is so they can work to prevent this from occurring
- There is a limited sample characteristics as they were all from Glasgow therefore the information gathered would not be generalisable
- There is good external validity as the study was carried out by the parents themselves therefore the observers could not have affected how the babies responded
- Scahffer and Emerson are stronger than you
4. What famous psychologists came up with the idea of Monotropy?
- John Bowlby
- John Bowl
- Mary Ainsworth
- Harry Harlow
5. During Lorenz procedure, half of the hatched eggs saw their mother first. Who did the other half see first?
- Their mother in a different environment
- No one- they stayed alone in the incubator