1. During Lorenz procedure, half of the hatched eggs saw their mother first. Who did the other half see first?
- No one- they stayed alone in the incubator
- Their mother in a different environment
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. A strength of the Schaffer and Emerson study is?
- There is good external validity as the study was carried out by the parents themselves therefore the observers could not have affected how the babies responded
- Has great practical value as the research on the monkeys have allowed social workers for example be able to understand the importance of how bad abuse and neglect is so they can work to prevent this from occurring
- There is a limited sample characteristics as they were all from Glasgow therefore the information gathered would not be generalisable
- Scahffer and Emerson are stronger than you
3. How long did Lorenz believe the critical period was?
- A few days
- 2 years
- A few hours
- 90 days
4. The reflection of actions and emotions from both the mother and the infant in a co-ordinated way is known as?
- Interactional Synchrony
- Synchronised Swimming
5. How many babies were used in the Schaffer and Emerson study?