1. The reflection of actions and emotions from both the mother and the infant in a co-ordinated way is known as?
- Interactional Synchrony
- Synchronised Swimming
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the first stage of Schaffer and Emerson's stages of attachment?
- Asocial Stage
- Specific Attachment
- Social Stage
- Anti-Social Stage
3. Harry Harlow concluded that the critical period was..
- 90 days
- 2 years
- 100 days
- 1 year
4. A weakness of Harlow's study that many people have criticised is..
- There is a problem studying the asocial stage as babies cannot move or are not very co-ordinated so it is hard to observe their actions during this stage as they are so young
- The ethical problems- the monkeys were severely distressed which affected them negatively later in life and how they acted with their own children. Some of them even went to the lengths of eating their own offspring
- Some observations have been questioned. Guiton et al found that the chickens did imprint on the yellow rubber glove but them imprinting then 'wore' off/became extinct when they were older as they realised that they preferred other chickens
- The monkeys that were used in his study were fake and he made humans dress up as monkeys therefore the results are invalid
5. How many babies were used in the Schaffer and Emerson study?