1. What did Cleon and Aristophanes have in common?
- They both sympathised with the Megarians
- They both came from same home town
- They both hated war
- They shared a father
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why was Cleon unsuccessful in prosecuting Aristophanes?
- Playwrights could not be prosecuted for what anything said in a play
- Playwrights were paid to attack and undermine politicians like Cleon
- Aristophanes had the most expensive lawyer in Athens at the time
- The Assembly did not like Cleon for blackmailing the Athenian citizens
3. Which of Aristophanes' plays was the most direct attack on Cleon?
- The Knights
- The Frogs
- The Acharnians
4. What reputation did Cleon have?
- A coward in battle but brave at sea.
- Loud, obnoxious and easily offended.
- Quiet, shy and timid in the Assembly.
- Funny, confident and intelligent.
5. Who was Cleon?
- Athens' most skilled naval commander
- Aristophanes estranged brother
- A prominent politician
- A pro-war army general