1. Why are photosynthetic pigments arranged in a funnel shape?
- To maximize light absorption and capture as much light as possible
- To form an antenna complex.
- Provide large surface area for electron carriers
- To make a photosystem
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. A factor present in the least favourable amount is...?
- A reducing factor
- A liimiting factor
- A limiting factor
- A limit factor
3. A photosynthetic pigment is:
- They don't absorb green light
- Molecules that reflect wavelengths
- Molecules that absorb certain wavelengths whilst reflecting others
- Molecules that only absorb one certain wavelength
4. Light independent stage takes place in the
5. What effect does very high temperature have on the rate of photosynthesis?
- Active site of rubisco will become denatured so no longer able to accept CO2
- Enzymes denature
- More water loss from stomata
- All of the above
- Greater stress for the plant
Similar Biology resources: