1. A photosynthetic pigment is:
- Molecules that absorb certain wavelengths whilst reflecting others
- Molecules that reflect wavelengths
- Molecules that only absorb one certain wavelength
- They don't absorb green light
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Define "Photosynthesis"
- Light energy from the sun is converted into chemical energy which can be used to synthesis large inorganic molecules from organic molecules
- Chemical energy used to hydrolyse complex organic matter
- Light energy from the sun is transformed into chemical potential energy which can be used to synthesis large organic molecules from inorganic molecules
- Light energy from the sun used to make kinetic energy
3. GP can be used to...
- Form fatty acids and amino acids
- Form glycerol
- Make cellulose and starch
- Make fats
4. What is the role of water in the light-dependent stage?
- Keeps plant turgid
- Make oxygen, to be released in the atmosphere
- Source of reduced NADP
5. Define "Autotroph"
- An organism that feeds on other complex organic matter
- An organism that uses the sun's energy to make compounds
- An organism that synthesis complex organic molecules using a energy source and inorganic molecules
- An organism that can synthesis its own food
Similar Biology resources: