1. A photosynthetic pigment is:
- Molecules that absorb certain wavelengths whilst reflecting others
- Molecules that reflect wavelengths
- Molecules that only absorb one certain wavelength
- They don't absorb green light
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What effect does very high temperature have on the rate of photosynthesis?
- Active site of rubisco will become denatured so no longer able to accept CO2
- Enzymes denature
- More water loss from stomata
- All of the above
- Greater stress for the plant
3. Define "Autotroph"
- An organism that uses the sun's energy to make compounds
- An organism that synthesis complex organic molecules using a energy source and inorganic molecules
- An organism that feeds on other complex organic matter
- An organism that can synthesis its own food
4. Why is the equation that summaries photosynthesis, over-simplified?
- All of the below
- Does not account of intermediate processes used such as Calvin cycle
- Does not show enzymes used in the reactions e.g. Rubisco
- Does not show that ATP/energy is another product
5. A factor present in the least favourable amount is...?
- A reducing factor
- A liimiting factor
- A limiting factor
- A limit factor
Similar Biology resources: