1. Why is the equation that summaries photosynthesis, over-simplified?
- All of the below
- Does not account of intermediate processes used such as Calvin cycle
- Does not show enzymes used in the reactions e.g. Rubisco
- Does not show that ATP/energy is another product
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What effect does very high temperature have on the rate of photosynthesis?
- All of the above
- Active site of rubisco will become denatured so no longer able to accept CO2
- More water loss from stomata
- Enzymes denature
- Greater stress for the plant
3. What is the role of water in the light-dependent stage?
- Source of reduced NADP
- Make oxygen, to be released in the atmosphere
- Keeps plant turgid
4. Why are photosynthetic pigments arranged in a funnel shape?
- To maximize light absorption and capture as much light as possible
- To make a photosystem
- To form an antenna complex.
- Provide large surface area for electron carriers
5. Define "Photosynthesis"
- Light energy from the sun is converted into chemical energy which can be used to synthesis large inorganic molecules from organic molecules
- Light energy from the sun is transformed into chemical potential energy which can be used to synthesis large organic molecules from inorganic molecules
- Light energy from the sun used to make kinetic energy
- Chemical energy used to hydrolyse complex organic matter
Similar Biology resources: