1. What effect does very high temperature have on the rate of photosynthesis?
- More water loss from stomata
- Greater stress for the plant
- Active site of rubisco will become denatured so no longer able to accept CO2
- All of the above
- Enzymes denature
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why are photosynthetic pigments arranged in a funnel shape?
- To maximize light absorption and capture as much light as possible
- To make a photosystem
- To form an antenna complex.
- Provide large surface area for electron carriers
3. What causes the light dependent stage to stop because GP cannot be converted into TP?
- Light intensity
- Amount of light
- Amount of carbon dioxide
4. Define "Photosynthesis"
- Light energy from the sun is transformed into chemical potential energy which can be used to synthesis large organic molecules from inorganic molecules
- Light energy from the sun is converted into chemical energy which can be used to synthesis large inorganic molecules from organic molecules
- Chemical energy used to hydrolyse complex organic matter
- Light energy from the sun used to make kinetic energy
5. TP can be converted into...
- Amino acids
- Fatty acids
- Hexose sugars
Similar Biology resources: