- Created by: summerpennington03
- Created on: 09-11-18 13:46
1. Where is roundworm commonly found?
- Commonly found in young cats (toxocara cati) and young dogs (toxocara canis).
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. what do singns and symptoms include?
- reduced eating
- Coughing Vomiting (worms may be visible in the vomit) Diarrhoea Lethargy Bloated abdomen Severe infestations can lead to secondary problems such as pneumonia when larval worms migrate into the lungs.
3. treatment of roundworm
- Females should be treated prior to breeding to prevent larvae migrating though the placenta, and puppies and kittens should be wormed early.
- no treatment
4. prevention of roundworm
- Regular use of preventative treatments such as treatments applied directly to the animal’s fur/skin, tablets or liquids/pastes.
- no prevention
5. Describe a roundworm
- Long, round, worm which looks like white earthworms or strands of spaghetti