- Created by: Megan Phoenix
- Created on: 02-06-15 11:24
Wyatt's rebellion, 1554 -
- Spanish marriage to Philip II - courtiers and councillors feared losing influence in court.
- Patriotism - worried it may subject England to Spanish methods and interests.
- Religious fears - Spanish were Catholic, Wyatt and his men were Protestant.
- Depression in the cloth industry caused unrest.
- Block Spanish marriage - mary Elizabeth to Edward Courtenay after Mary's overthrow to secure English monarchy.
- Troops sent by Duke of Norfolk…