- The Nazis were a very male-dominated organisation (all Nazi leaders were men).
- Hitler saw the German women as a mother and wife (many women at the time agreed with him).
- There was a lot of pressure on women to conform to what the Nazis called 'traditional balance' between men and women, eg. a Nazi news paper had the headline 'No true German Women wears trousers' when film star Marlene Dietrich was seen wearing trousers in public.
- Hitler offered financial incentives for married couples to have at lest 4 children, and a 'gold cross and a privileged seat at Nazi meetings if they had 8 children.
- Posters, radio broadcasts celebrated ideas of motherhood and home-building. The German Maidens' League reinforced these ideas,…