- Created by: sarahcrimmen15
- Created on: 14-11-18 09:37
Requires three different processes
1.Formation of gaseous atoms:
- Changing the elements in their standard states into gaseous atoms.
- Endothermic. Involves bond breaking.
2. Formation of gaseous ions:
- changing the gaseous atoms into positive and negative gaseous ions.
- overall this change is endothermic.
- changing the gaseous ions into the solid ionic lattice.
- this is lattice enthalpy and is exothermic.
1. The standard enthalpy change of atomisation
This is the enthalpy change that takes place for the formation of one mole of gaseous atoms from the element…