Social Learning Theory
- Behaviourist Learning Theory - indirect learning.
- Aggression is learnt through + and - reinforcement.
- Also learnt via observation and imitation of role models.
- Observational learning - aggressive behaviour reinforced from a model displaying (Vicarious learning)
- child - acquired a new response (response acquisition) recall and imitate in similar situation - Vicarious Learning.
- Does not introduce cognitive factors - only environmental determinism.
- Bandura - child must form mental representations of aggression.
- Represent rewards and punishments in terms of 'expectancies'…