- Created by: jenie
- Created on: 01-02-19 20:25
- Hitler knew that loyalty from young people was essential if the Nazis were to remain strong.
- Youth movements were a way of teaching children Nazi ideas - so they would be loyal to the Nazi party when they grew up.
- Propaganda claimed that young people were more likely to be successful under the Nazis than they had been in the Weimar republic.
- The Hitler Youth was founded in 1926. Boys aged fourteen and over were recruited to the movement. It became compulsory in 1936.
- The Hitler Youth became part of the SA. Promising boys may be sent to Hitler Schools where they were trained to lead.
- Boys wore military-style uniforms and took part…