- Created by: louise304
- Created on: 03-12-18 22:44
Summary of the Specail Educational Needs (SEN) Code of Practice 2015
- The SEND Code of Practice provides statutory guidance on duties, policies and procedurers relating to Part 3 of the Children and Families Act.
- The key principlies are that the coe reflects good pratice in many main strem school. Asking them do they provide an inclusive environment.
- It makes sure that the local authorities pay regard to the wishes, views and feelings of the child or youn person and their guardians as well as involving them in decision making processes. It recognises the need to support them and facilitate their development.
- Extends the defintion of young person to 25 years old.
- Strong focus on progress, embedding a culture of high expectations for all as well as a greater fous on the views and decision making role of young people and parents.
- Differentiated teaching, performance management and professional development is the first reponse to pupils with SEN.
- Should involve the parents, to set goals and review progress.
Special Educational Needs- A step by step approach
- Most children can have their needs met in…