- Created by: DaisyChilds
- Created on: 16-02-17 10:03
- Think Ahead! Shakespeare uses Act I Scene 1 to prepare us for much of what we wil see later, such as Tybalt's aggressiveness and Romeo's unrequited love.
- Notice the strong contrast between the attitude towards Juliet of the Nurce and Lady Capulet.
- Try summarising in note form every inncident in Act I Scene 5 to help you revise.
- Think of three reasons why Romeo fights against Tybalt.
- What does the Nurse's admiration of the Friar suggest about her - and him?
- Note how Romeo's words "In what vile part of this anatomy / Doth my name lodge?" echo Juliet's words on the balcony "Whats in a name"
- Notice the extra power that comes from Juliet and Romeo both knowing that dawn has come - and knowing…