- Created by: sadia
- Created on: 10-05-14 19:20
5.1 Who am I?
· Physical Dimension: that which can be experience by five senses and physical body
· Spiritual Dimension: relates to the soul or spirit in contrast to material or physical things
5.2 Value and Importance of Human Life
· Personhood: state or condition of being a person, especially having those qualities that confer distinct individuality and the ability to reason
Christianity – ‘So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.’
Islam – ‘We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape…’
5.3 Spiritual Dimension of Life
Christianity – human body consists of body, mind and soul, when person dies the soul goes to purgatory, heaven or hell, some not believe in purgatory
Islam – believe soul is received on 40th or 120th day of pregnancy, follow five pillars, when die soul goes to place of waiting until day of Judgement where it is decided if the soul goes to heaven or hell
5.4 Has Life Got Meaning and Purpose?
· Meaning of Life: purpose and significance of human existence
Christianity – relationship with God in this world…