Religion and Equality
Discrimination ---> unjust or prejudicial treatment because of race, age, gender or disability
Ecumenical ---> different Christian denominations working together
Equality ---> treating people as equals regardless of gender, race or religious beliefs
Euharist ---> the Christian ceremony commemorating the Last Supper, in which bread and wine are consecrated and consumed
Evangelism ---> persuading others to share your faith
Forgiveness ---> forgiving someone for something they have done wrong
Prejudice ---> making judgements not based on reason or actual experience
Proselytising ---> trying to convert people from their religion to yours
Racism ---> prejudice, discrimination or ill treatment against someone because of their race
Reconciliation ---> restoring friendly relations
Repentance ---> sincere regret or remorse from one's actions
Sexism ---> prejudice, stereotyping or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex
Biblical teaching about equality
- all people are equal ---> we were all made 'in the image of God'
- Christians belive that God loves all of humanity inconditionally ---> 'There is no difference between Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus'
- God does not have favourites ---> 'God does not show favouritism, but accepts men from every nation who fear Him and do what is right'
Christian attitudes towards racism
- taught that racism is wrong
- 'Love your neighbour as yourself'
The role of women in Christian society
- Catholics ---> women can have a role in Church, but cannot…