Key beliefs, teachings, and practices
They believe God is many things
Omnipotent- All-Powerful. An example of immense power would that he created the world and all living creatures.
Loving- the idea that God loves his creations and wants the best for them. he created humans out of love and taught Christians to love one another and treat each other with respect and kindness
Benevolent- loving and caring "For God so loved the world that he gave his 1 and only son"=(John3:16)
Omniscient- all knowing
Transcendent- beyond the world
Christians believe in God as the Trinity, this is the idea that God is "3 People"
- The Father- God in heaven. the one that attributed the power and ability to create earth and humans.
- The Son- This is Jesus. God made flesh that walked among man on earth.
- The Holy Spirit - after Jesus ascended into heaven, God sent the holy spirit to guide mankind; to influence and sustain all life on earth
Genisis chapter states god created everything and the process took 6 days and on the 7th he rested
- Day 1 - light and darkness
- Day 2 -sky
- Day 3 -ocean, land, and plants
- Day 4 - sun moon and stars
- Day 5 - fish and birds
- Day 6 - people and animals
- Day 7 - Rest
"And God said 'Let there be light' and there was light" Genisis 1:2-3
first 2 humans were Adam and Eve
" so God created mankind in his own image" Genisis1:27
The fact God created Mankind in his image is important, due to this Christians believe humans are special and believe they should behave lovingly and fairly. This quote also shows humans are important to God and should treat everyone with respect.
Creationists- they take the story literally
Liberal- genisis= more parable or have a more symbolic meaning and are open to other theories such as The Big Bang Theory and Evolution
Evil and Suffering
Free Will led to evil entering the world. the original sin was when Adam and Eve gave into temptation in the garden of Eden they Ate a fruit from the Tree of Knowledge which was forbidden by God. this switch from a perfect world is known as the Fall.
As a result of The Fall, every human was born with a flawed nature, capable of causing suffering.
Evil can be Human-Made or Natural
- Brought on by cruel actions of humans
- Caused by the world and is no one's fault
Life after death is the idea that the body dies but the soul lives on. the body will be resurrected on Judgement day after God judges you, you will be sent to…