- The theory explains why we all recognise the same essential elements in something, as they have bits of a Form.
- This argument helps us to understand the imperfections and evils all around us and why they exist. So a possible explanation for the problem of evil, the world wasn't created perfect as some Christian theodicists' believe, it is imperfect anyway.
- It encourages us to question in order to learn and not accept things at face value . This gives a purpose to subjects that require thinking, like philosophy.
- Some critics have pointed out that there is an infinite regress of Forms to explain another Form.
- Plato says we recognise the Forms because of our previous existence in the realm of Forms, but where is the proof for that?
- Therefore, it is possible the Forms could just be ideas in the mind, rather than…