Energy and Electicity
- There are three main energy suppliers, Coal, oil and Natural Gas.
- They are energy resources because they give off n they are burnt.
- They are called Fossil Fuels because they were fomed millions of years ago from remainders from living organisms.
- Fossil Fuels are non-Renewable resources. This means unlike wave and wind energy they cannot be renewed.
- They release Carbon Dioxide when they are burnt. Which increases global warming.
- The main nuclear fuels are uranuim and plutonium.
- These are radio-active metals.
- Advantages - Unlike fossil fules nuclear fuels do not produce carbon dioxide or sulfur dioxide.
- Disadvantages - They are non-renewable resources.
- Wind turbines have huge blades thats attached to a tall tower.
- They work by the wind hitting them and turning the huge turbines (kinetic enegry).
- Advantages - its a renewable resource and doesnt make harmful gases, Low cost.
- Disadvatages - They are noisy and big and can spoil landscapes, They depend on the whether if there is no…