- Most diets fail due to the unsustainability as a cause of the lack of knowledge and skills to diet sensibly.
- Unrealistic goals are set such as lowering calorie intake which cannot be continued for long periods of time.
- Those who have been overweight for long periods of time expect to lose weight unrealistically quick.
- As initial weight loss can sometimes be quick and then eventually it lowers, this is seen as less reinforcing and therefore motivation begins to decrease and weighjt is regained, causing the diet to stop altogether.
- The more restrictive the diet is the higher likelihood it will fail e.g. lessening…
Similar Psychology resources: