How does the environment affect the organisms living in it?
- The conditions in an environment determine which organisms can survive in it
- The icy conditions of the Arctic and the humid heat of the rainforest each present challeneges for living organisms
- They must be adapted to their environment and be able to respond to any changes
- Ecologists study the biodiversity of life found in an ecosystem or habitat, where a particular organism is found (its distribution), as well as how many individuals there are in a group of the same species (the population size).
- These data are used to monitor changes in population size or distribution or to test hypotheses about what sort of organisms exist in a certain place
- Sampling means looking at a small portion of an area of population
- In random sampling every point within an area has an equal chance of being selected
- This means the sample is likely to be representative of the whole area
- A pooter is…
Similar Biology resources: