- Surrounded by a double membrane, which contains many pores. These pores are in abundance, suggesting communcation between nucleus and cytoplasm is important.
- Contains chromosomes- thread like structures appear dispered as a diffuse network, called chromatin.
- Bounded by a double membrane. the outermembrane is smooth, whilst the inner has many folds called cristae. These folds enchance producivity of cellular respiration by increasing its high surface area.
- Is the site of celluar resperation, thus being the cells "power producers".
- Located in the cytoplasm.
- Is the site of protein synthesis.
- Do not have membranes.
- Are contructed of protein and the nucleic acid RNA.
Endoplasmic reticulum (ER)
Consists of a network of folded single membranes forming interconnected sheets, tubes or sacs. The origin of the E.R. is the outer membrane of the nucleus, to which it may remain attached.
- Rough endoplasmic reticulum (RER)
- Has ribosomes attached to the outer…