Star Networks give access to a central computer
- Star networks are used when a large number of workstations need to be connected to a central computer such as a mainframe.
- Each workstation is connected directly to the central computer.
- Performance in one part of the network is unaffected by events elsewhere
- Cale failure is less of a problem
- Failure in the central computer causes the whole network to break down
- Uses more cabling, so its more expensive
Line networks are the cheapest
- In line networks (bus…