- Created by: Maya morris
- Created on: 18-12-19 12:01
- Volcanoe is located above the subduction zone of the Caribbean and Atlantic palces.
- 5 million cubic meters of lava spilled down the north side of the dome.
- 4 sq Km was covered by pyroclasstic flow depostits, reached 2500m high.
- lava = andestic so it was sticky and thick, silica thick, more explosive.
- started erupting in 1995, had been dormant for centuries, but big erruprion occoured 25th may 1997.
- lots of infastructure destroyed, including the airport. Meant tourism came to a halt, leaving lots of people unemployed.
- Had the reply on the UK for money.
- economy and local businesses were devestated.
- 23 people died. despite warnings, people stayed farming their land as they were so poor had…