Role of Single-Party Leaders.
- Obsessed with power.
- Depend on one individual. - personalised
- Satisfy big egos.
Peron & Argentina
Establishment of authoritarian and single party states: Methods, Force and Legal.
- Shut down communist organisations.- commie-led labour unions
- suppression of media. editors were jailed. all publishers and journalists had to be registered w/ the government.
- all political parties were banned.
- organisations that favoured the allies were suspended b/cos they were communists.
- built barriers to stop the import/export strategy. wanted to build their own industries rather than foreign ones - especially the US.
- altered textbooks in favour of Argentina and the military.
- religious education was made compulsory in schools.
- school only taught what the government allowed them to - make them look better.
- unified society.
- father figure - patriarchal role. believed…