- Created by: ErinSunderland16
- Created on: 19-02-19 16:17
Letters from Yorkshire:
- Letters from Yorkshire is about two people who are emotionally close, yet separated by distance.
- We learn that the man works outdoors as the speaker asks 'Is your life more real because you dig and sow?'.
- He lives somewhere cold and has to clear 'a path through the snow'. Yet despite the 'icy miles' between them, there is 'warmth' in this relationship.
- There is a sense of acceptance when the speaker says that this distance is 'simply how things are'.
- Communication - the poem focuses on letters between two people who are apart from each other.
- Seasons/Nature - there are many references to weather and the passing of time, such as seeing the seasons…