- Wholemeal Bread
- Brown Rice
- Red Meat
What They're Used For-
Mainly for energy.
Building cell membranes and for energy.
Keeps the digestive system healthy and functioning properly.
Vitamins & Minerals
Keeping all your body processes working properly.
Metabolism = Chemical reactions that happen in your cells including respiration.
Metabolic Rate = The rate that the reactions happen. Exercise increases your metabolic rate.
Muscle Cells = Are active so they have a high metabolic rate.
Fat Cells = Are innactive so they have a low metabolic rate.
About metabolic rate-
- 3 things that effect your metabolic rate is size, weight & exercise.
- The rate at which chemical reactions happen in your cells is called your metabolic rate.
- It depends on how active you are, the proportion of muscle to fat in your body & you'r genes (Inherated Factor)
- Exercise increases our metabolic rate and then it stays high for some time after exercising.
- BMI means 'Body Mass Index'
- To claculate your BMI you have to divide your WEIGHT by your HEIGHT (squared) like this…