- Global warming is the term used for the rapid increase in global temperature over the last century.
- It's a type of climate change - a significant change in the weather of a region over a period of at least several decades.
- Global warming also causes other types of climate changes.
Evidence for global warming.
- Since the 1850s temperature has been measured around the world using thermometers.
- This gives a reliable but short-term record of global temperature change.
- Dendrochronology is a method for figuring out how old a tree is using tree rings. Most trees produce one ring within their trunks every year.
- The thickness of the ring depends on the climate at the time, when it's warmer the rings are…
Similar Biology resources: