Importation Model (Dispositional)
- Aggression is imported from outside
- Aggressors not 'black slates' - bring own social histories/personal traits - influences aggression
- inmates with aggressive values, attitudes & experiences(gang, previous criminal activity/weapons, alcohol dependent, demographic(race, age,unemployment, uneducated)
- More aggressive with these traits than without.
Deprivation Model (Situational)
- Aggression is a product of stressful and oppressive conditions
- Catalysed by Management style, staff experience and factors such as noise, temperature and overcrowding.
- Model doesn't deny the possiblity that inmates enter prison with cultural norms that are…