- Nazis began as 'German Worker's Party' (D.A.P) led by Anton Drexler.
- Hitler joined the party in 1919
- 1920 - party announced the Twenty Five Point Programme and renamed itself the National Socialist German Worker's Party (Nazi for short)
- 1921 Hitler replaced Anton Drexler as leader.
Twenty Five Point Programme:
-Abolish Treaty of Versailles
-Union of Germany and Austria
-Only true Germans were allowed to live in Germany
-A strong central government for Germany
Hitler stirred Nationalist passion in his audience. He gave them a scapegoat for all of Germany's problems.
The Munich Putch 1923
- Hitler believed it was time to topple the Weimar government.
- Weimar govermant was distracted with the economic crisis (Stresemann had just called off the passive resistance in the Ruhr).
- 8th November Hitler hijacked a local government meeting and said he was taking over the government of Bavaria…