From 1750-1900 population increased from 6million-40million
- 1750, population about 11 million. Most people living in the country (80%)
- This may have been because britain was at peace
- The most important industry was farming, although most people farmed for their families alone.
- The population increased rapidily. Doubled by 1825. Therefore more food and other resources needed to go around. Production needed to speed up.
- Most of these people could work in factories, so the more people there to work in factories provided the more food for all the people
- There were a lot of raw materials in Britain, Like coal, iron and steel.
- These coud drive the railways and the factories
- New supplies from other countries, cotton from america. New jobs creatd by overseas trade
Population increased between 1750-1825
- People came up with ideas, Sir richard arkwright, James Hargreaves
- James Hargreaves-Spinning Jenny, 1764
- 8 threads at once
- Arkright made a spinning machine, 1768. Horse power driven. He then patented it.
- Makes better threads. Eventually he made a factory in nottingham, and became very rich. He is just an example…