- Created by: MichaelReidThomas
- Created on: 11-11-18 16:28
What is the Earths Structure Like?
- The earths structure is divided into layers. These are The cores, The mantle and the crust (continental and oceanic). The upper mantle and crust make up the lthosphere. Which is then broken up into lots of little tiny fragments called the tectonic plats.
What are the properties of tectonic plates?
- They are rigid and can move very slowly. Continental plates are thicker than oceanic plates but they are less dense. Continental is 35km thick and oceanic is 6km.
- Continentals density is 2.9g/cm and oceanic is 3.3g/cm
What causes tectonic plates to move
- One theory is covection…