- Diffusion is a simple process.
- It's just the gradual movement of particles from an area where there's a lot of them to places where there are fewer of them.
- It is just the natural tendency for stuff to spread out.
- The actual definition is:
- Diffusion is the passive movement of particles from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
- Diffusion happens in both liquids and gases - that's because the particles in both these substances are free to move about randomly.
- The simplest type is when different gases diffuse through each other.
- The bigger the concentration, the faster the rate of diffusion.
- Cell membranes are quite clever
- They are clever because they hold the cell together BUT they…