Uses of Enzymes
- Enzymes are used in biological detergents
- They are the biological ingredients in biological detergents and washing powders.
- They're mainly protein-digesting enzymes (proteases) and fat-digesting enzymes (lipases).
- They are ideal for removing stains like food and blood because they attack animal and plant matter.
- Enzymes are used to change foods
- The proteins in some baby foods are 'pre-digested' using protein-digesting enzymes (proteases), so they're easier for the baby to digest.
- Carbohydrate-digesting enzymes (carbohydrases) can used to turn starch syrup into sugar syrup.
- Glucose syrup can be turned into fructose syrup using an isomerase enzyme.
- Fructose is sweeter, so you can use less of it, which is good for slimming foods and drinks.
- Using Enzymes in Industry takes a lot of control
- Enzymes are very…